Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ahhh, Solitude

We finally got to go on our little summer vacation about a week ago and it was HEAVEN! I saw this place on a friend's blog and just knew it would be perfect for us...and it really was. We left for Utah on Friday and the first stop was the fountain at Gateway Mall. I thought the little kids would enjoy running thru it. It took them a short time to get used to the idea & then they liked it, however it was a really cold day and the water was freezing, so it didn't last long.

I think Kylee decided she was too old to run thru, but she watched with us!The next stop was our good old friends Jared & Kristin's house. We used to live next door to them in Rexburg and LOVE them to death! We were SO sad when they moved back to Utah, but I'm thankful we've been able to keep in touch. They are the BEST house hosts ever - we really enjoyed our stay with them. (I'll bet everyone loves me for getting a shot of us stuffing our faces!)

Kristin and I both had our 4th child on the exact same day...it was SO fun to have a friend with the same due date, going thru the same things as me, and counting down the days with me. We spent our day of labor texting each other to see how things were going...and I have to admit that when I got that text from her saying she had given birth before me, I was a little jealous. :) So here's Emmersyn and Aislynn together at 3 months old! SO CUTE!
On Sunday we headed up to the Solitude Ski Resort - the kids LOVED getting to sleep on bunkbeds! This was the kids bedroom. I didn't take a photo but there were 2 bedrooms, a family room and a kitchen. I LOVED having the kitchen so I could cook - it made it much cheaper and convienent. It was perfect weather while we were there, and SOOO beautiful. I really was in Heaven. The smell of fresh air, the stars at night, getting to see the kids so interested in exploring every little thing, the hikes & nature...just talking about it makes me want to go back right now!


There are SO many more photos, but I'm super tired so I will post more later. They are beautiful!!! There's just SO much to say about this place!

No comments: