Tuesday, September 2, 2008

bring on the callings!

When we first moved in, we were told by someone at church to expect about 3 callings. Our ward is fairly small - actually, I think it's large, there just aren't very many active people that go.

Well, Steve got put in the Young Mens Presidency and I think he really likes it. It's a nice change for him from Scouts. And they put me in as an Activity Day leader. SO FUN! We didn't have any activities over the summer, but we have our first one coming up soon. It'll be fun to work with the girls and get to know them better.

Just about a week ago I was asked to fill another calling - the Nursery! I figure that I'm in there anyway (trying to get my kids to stop crying) so why not!?!? My first week was CRAZY! I think every single kid was crying!!! It was in the water or something. But the other woman in nursery and I chatted a lot about new ideas and what we want to do, so I think it'll work out great!

So now I think it's Steve's turn for another calling! Bring it on!

No comments: