Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One of those days

I am having one of those days. You know, the kind that makes you wish your best friend lived around the corner so you could just go talk, cry, etc. The kind that makes you want to drop your kids of at a sitters house. The kind where you'd give your left arm to be sitting on a beach...alone...doing whatever you want. The kind where you'd love to just curl up in bed with a good tear-jerker of a movie, a box of tissues, and a soft blanket.

Tonight is Wednesday and that means it's my night out. I couldn't be more thankful for that. I have decided to not even make dinner before I go this time. Just going. (Steve and I have a deal where we both get a night out and away from the home each week to keep our sanity - it's the best deal ever!) I love my kids to death, but I really need a break.

I think this diet has gotten me from grumpy to depressed now. Sad thing is it's only the 3rd day! I am just so low on energy. A brownie with chocolate frosting sounds like a heavenly fix. You know what really has me down? Knowing that I have to pass on all goodies from now on. It actually makes me feel sad. Steve says to have one day a week where I can eat whatever I want, but that just isn't going to work for me. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. One day a week will just make all the other days that much harder. I have been told that you eventually hit a point that you'll stop wanting the sweets and to have them actually makes you feel sick. I would LOVE to be sick from eating sweets! That's when I'll know I've done something right. Is it crazy of me to not want to put another piece of sugar into my mouth until I've met my goal weight?

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

I know this isn't what you want to here, but cutting everything out like you said you were doing is not healthy. That is why you are feeling this way. You just need to cut down not out. If your not doing a healthy diet it will never work. You don't have to listen to me, but I have learned a lot about diets from Hannah having diabeties. And even though sugar and carbs are what affects her diabetes we are told by doctors and nutritionists to make sure that she has some of both every day to stay healthy. Like I said its probably not what you want to hear, but my advise is to eat a little sugar and breads and you will feel better. Just don't eat to much.

Shelby Ane said...

If you ever need someone to watch or take the kids for you, seriously give me a call. I'm usually home or in Roberts, so I'm always just about 10 minutes away! And I'm now done with school, so you can get me virtually all day :D! Hope the diet goes well! I'm trying to get back into the habit of exercising myself. Ugh. haha.