Friday, November 20, 2009

Fall Ward Party

Each Fall our ward does a little Harvest Supper and this year Steve signed me up to bring a dessert. Awesome! I thought that was great - you can be creative with desserts so I was happy with that. Well, as I started thinking about it, I became a little too ambitious about the whole thing. I was looking up cakes online so I could do something really cute. That's when I found THE cake. This was PERFECT for where I live and I thought everyone would get a kick out of it...so here's the photo of what I wanted to make:
Adorable, right? Well, as time got closer I decided I didn't really have the time nor the $$ to spend on all the supplies it would take to make this, so I just went for something plain. In the process though, Kylee decided she also wanted to make a cake, so we had a good time baking together. I think hers was a white cake with buttercream frosting. Mine was a choc. cake with cream cheese frosting inside, buttercream on the outside, and toasted almonds on top! Not as cute, but tasted ok. :)

No comments: