Monday, March 23, 2009

Potty Training!

Well, a few of the women in my ward told me that there was this awesome book about potty training in a day. I thought - PERFECT! (If only someone would write the same book for weight loss!) I went to Barnes and Noble and NO BOOK! However, there was another book that had a chapter all about the original book - so I just read that while in the store. I felt like I had the basic idea. And I really needed to get potty training out of the way before baby comes!

So, Saturday rolls around and I go to put princess panties on Brie and she FREAKS out! I thought she would be SO excited - especially since we've been telling her she can't go to school wearing diapers. I was SO worried I was going to ruin the whole situation/give her emotional scars by forcing panties on to her, but she eventually calmed down. It was just her and I the whole day and I was EXHAUSTED! (I finally became very thankful that Brie and Deagan have each other to play with - it's a lot to play non stop all day!) She wet every time and I was wanting to give up SO bad - but she finally went that night without wetting her pants! YIPEE!

On Sunday I decided to stay home with Brie and focus on the potty thing again. When she woke up and I brought in panties and she says to me, "I don't want to go to school anymore!" :) Wow! Smart girl! I got them on her without a fight and she figured out quickly that me handing her drinks all day made her go. So she refused to drink anything!

Today she has done awesome! No accidents. And she is pretty excited about telling Deagan that soon he can wear spider man panties! :) So we are on our way, and I'm glad I didn't give up!

1 comment:

Todd and Julie said...

Don't give up! Katelyn was the exact same way and would have an accident every single time when I first started. Luckily it was always on our hardwood floor. Easy cleanup.
As far as the nighttime thing I am going to start limiting her milk intake and then just eventually let her sleep with her undies on(with a mattress pad on of course) and if she wets hopefully she will get up and want to change. Then she will get the idea and eventually get up and go potty. That is what I want to happen but who knows. Maybe there will have to be a plan B. But I won't start for maybe another month or so. I don't think she is quite ready.