Monday, October 27, 2008

Just be a KID

What is the deal with kids these days? You know, when I was younger, we were creative and found interesting things to do. We didn't have to be entertained by machines or video games. WE made our fun. We put things like bikes, board games, and skatboards on our Christmas lists.

You want to know what is on my daughters Christmas list?
A cell phone
A nintendo DS
A laptop computer
MP3 player
Get hair highlighted

Funny how times change. I swear that by the time Brie is 5 she'll be asking for a cell phone too. Well, I think I'd like my kids to just stay kids, at least for a little while. They have FOREVER to be all grown up. Last night Kylee told me she really needing some tanning lotion because all of her friends were going to go to school tan. My response: "Would you quit! You're 11 years old! You don't need tanning lotion - just be a kid for goodness sake!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I know just what you mean, but I recognize it more in myself than in anyone else. :D

I love video games. :D

And that's a pretty long list, Kylee- I don't think even Aunt Kaytie will get me that much stuff, and she loves and spoils me rotten! :D

I hate cell phones. Such a distraction. Even though they can be kind of fun. Don't get too sucked in to cell phone world, even if the old man works in that area- Kaytie does too, and we have to be careful not to get too into it. :D

I'm silly, offering advice to Kylee in the comments! Just wanted to let ya'll know we're still here and think of you. You guys are sweet! :D We'll see you sometime soon, and Tara, we'd steal your sickness from you so you can get some peace in a heartbeat! Condolences are the best we can offer right now, though. :(

Good luck, you sweethearts!

Shelby Ane said...

Wow! What a list! Haha! I would go with the highlighted hair if I were you, Tara. haha! Or maybe even a cooking set or lots of "pretties" haha!

Get better with the pregnancy! That must be no fun! I'll come watch the kids anytime you want! Just give me a call! Or even steal them away or something! ;D!

Stars&Straps said...

It's sad I know - Owen had a phone when he was 6. But in my defense, his dad picked him up from school two days a week...and frequently forgot. So it was for me, more than him. Thankfully he couldn't write, so I didn't have to worry about text messages or internet service. But last year it was an ipod...this year an electric guitar...will he jump to wanting his own car? He's 9 for goodness sakes.

Jen Demaris said...

So are you guys getting snowed in there? We totally are and we are not set up for it here in OR! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas! PS post a pic yourself soon! Oh and if you want to come out and visit anytime we need some fam pics done! lol Im sure that would be really easy for you huh? ;)